HC1: Implement recommendations identified in the Analysis of Impediments of Fair Housing Choice report.
As part of GroWNC, the Land-of-Sky Regional Council partnered with the City of Asheville and the Asheville Regional Housing Consortium to develop an Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice across the five counties. Recommendations from that analysis should be implemented as part of the larger regional effort to promote fair housing in the region. Recommendations address the following impediments to fair housing:
- Regional coordination and public awareness
- Discrimination in lending practices
- Accessibility to housing for persons with handicaps
- Lack of housing in areas with access to transit, amenities, and jobs
- Absence of affordable transportation options